Curls, curls, curls.
Who doesn’t love beautiful curls in their gorgeous mane?
You probably use heat from a curling iron to attain those beautiful tendrils, but over time excessive heat will damage your hair and decrease the life of your extensions.
Have you considered using a heat-free hair method to attain a daily look? Here is a quick and easy no-heat curl technique that’s hair damage free.
Quick and Easy Heat-Free Hair Tutorial
Start with slightly damp hair. You can do this by lightly misting your hair with water in a squirt gun, or take a shower and air dry your hair for 15 – 20 minutes. Hair that is too wet will dampen the effect (no pun intended).
Separate your hair into two sections. Make a twist braid that starts at your temple.
To make a twist braid
- Gather a section of hair at your temple.
- Separate the hair into two sections. We recommend using your index finger and holding both sections in one hand.
- Tightly twist the two sections, one over the other. Do this one or two times.
- Next, add a section of hair and twist it over as you would do with a cornrow.
- Add more hair again and twist it over. Continue this process until you reach the nape of your neck.
- Once you’ve reached the nape of your neck, twist up the remaining hair that hangs down your shoulders into a tight bun.
Make sure your twist braids are as tight as possible to ensure a defined, tight, and beautiful curl.
Also, make sure that you include all of your hair, including the hair at your temples.
Wear your hair tied up for at least 4 hours. Or better yet, sleep with your hair twisted up under a silk scarf.
Once your hair is completely dry, gently unravel your twists to reveal long, gorgeous curls. Don’t use a hair brush; instead, gently separate your hair using your fingers. Apply hair spray and flip.
You’re on your way to healthier curls.