The fishtail braid is a classic romantic style that looks great dressed up or dressed down. The fishtail looks quite intricate and daunting but in this video celebrity stylist Seven Washington breaks down the style piece by piece to show you that the fishtail can be easy.
1) Choose whether you want to brush through the hair to smooth it out or leave in some natural texture, that is up to you. The fishtail looks great on any type of hair but it looks best with long thick flowing hair. If your hair is too short or you want more volume check out the clip in hair extensions from Indo Hair to achieve the perfect fishtail braid.
2) Pull hair back into a low ponytail at the base of your neck and secure with a clear elastic.
3) Bring the hair to one side of your neck and divide the hair into two sections.
4) Take a small piece of hair from the outside of one of the two sections and cross it over the top to bring towards the inside.
5) Repeat with the other side, grabbing a similarly sized section of hair.
6) Continue your rhythm until all of the hair has been braided and secure with another elastic.
7) Cut out the top elastic band and style the rest of your hair as you would like.
That’s it! Enjoy your new style!
Don’t forget, if you are looking to make your braid fuller or longer, make an appointment at Indo Hair to see the best human hair wigs, weaves, partials, and clip in extensions around. Your hair will thank you.